“Striving to turn advanced driving from an art into a science”
Leigh is a former Police officer, joining in 1996 as Special Constable, before serving a full-time in 999 response and roads policing across South Worcestershire leaving the Police in 2010.
SC/CTC cleared since 1996 and like all ADI’s holds an Enhanced CRB/DBS Certificate.
He has also worked as a freelance Ambulance Response trainer, a RoSPA Senior Tutor with the West Midlands Group and Worcestershire Advanced Motorists IAM Group, as well as helping to run the Worcestershire Advanced Motorists 18-25 Scheme, and is also a trainer with the Admiral/VW Under 17 off-road scheme.
In addition to Police and Ambulance experience, graded by the DVSA as a Grade A Instructor, and as a Grade A driver, he holds every recognised civilian advanced driving qualification, from the 3 organisations running the tests, (RoSPA, IAM and the DIA), as well as the related trainer qualifications, and ‘Train the Trainer’ qualifications.
He is also qualified as an IAM examiner, currently also works as a DIA Examiner, and is a member of the Governing Committee of the ADI National Joint Council.
Leigh trains drivers at all levels, in Worcester, Evesham, Redditch and the surrounding area.
- RoSPA National Diploma in Advanced Driving Instruction (Cars) – Distinction
- ADI – Grade A – DVSA Registered Fleet Driver Trainer
- Grade A – DVSA Cardington Special Test
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Driving Instruction
- Fellow of the Institute of Advanced Motorists
- Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM) Masters Mentor
- IAM Fleet Trainer
- IAM Masters (Distinction)
- IAM Group Masters Trainer
- IAM Deputy Chief Observer
- IAM Local Observer Assessor
- IAM National Observer
- IAM Local Observer
- IAM F1RST
- Driving Instructors Association (DIA) Diamond Examiner
- DIA Award in ADI Knowledge
- DIA Diamond Advanced Trainer
- DIA Member of the Month June 2017
- Diamond Advanced
- Diamond Elite/Special (Zero Faults)
- RoSPA Approved Tutor
- RoSPA Advanced Tutor (as Diploma holder)
- Senior Tutor – RoSPA West Midlands Group until the group dissolved in 2017
- RoSPA Gold (Cars)
- Committee Member – RoSPA West Midlands Group until the group dissolved in 2017.
- Committee Member – Worcestershire Group of Advanced Motorists
- Member of the Governing Committee of the ADI National Joint Council
- Member of the Motor Schools Association
- Member of the Guild of Experienced Motorists
- Member of the Driving Instructors Association
- Member of WADDI
- Level 3 First Aid Certificate.
Leigh also rides motorcycles as hobby wants to do the RoSPA Diploma again on a motorcycle and is disappointed that the Guild of Experienced Motorists no longer provide a “V” Badge for the radiator grill.